Regent Seven Seas
Regent Seven Seas Cruise Line was birthed in a merger between two luxury lines in 1994, but did not receive the new brand until 2006. They are one of the premier luxury lines and offer a nearly all-inclusive cruise with intimate and luxurious accommodations.
Regents’ niche market is the well healed and those looking for a pampered and sophisticated experience. They have created a great cruise experience for the new or experienced cruiser with delightful ships, exquisite service, well-proportioned staterooms, generous amenities, a variety of dining options, and a superb lecture and enrichment program. Guests are greeted with champagne while boarding and find an all-inclusive beverage policy that offers not only soft drinks and bottled water, but cocktails and select wines at all bars and restaurants throughout their fleet.
They offer exotic and provocative destinations that the larger ships of other cruise lines cannot access. Their ships, Seven Seas Voyager, Seven Seas Mariner and Seven Seas Navigator are expressions of nautical elegance and grace. All accommodations are suites with private balconies in ninety seven percent of them. Being mid-size, with space for only 490 or 700 pampered guests, Regent ships offer ideal settings for impeccable personalized service, remarkable dining, and generous included amenities.
Activities and entertainment are tailored for each of the line’s distinctive ships with the tastes of sophisticated passengers in mind; you won’t find a beer bong at their pool. Production revues, cabaret acts, concert-style piano performances, solo performers, and comedians may be featured in show lounges, with combos playing for listening and dancing in lounges and bars throughout the ships. Casinos are more akin to Monaco than Las Vegas and all of their ships display tasteful and varied art collections, some of which are for sale.
Their cruises are destination focused, and most sailings have guest lecturers with topics like history, anthropology and nature. You may even be treated to a lecture by a distinguished diplomat. Spotlight cruises center around popular pastimes and themes, such as food and wine, photography, history, archaeology, literature, performing arts, design and cultures, active exploration and wellness, antiques, jewelry and shopping, the environment, and marine life. Passengers need no urging to participate in discussions and workshops led by celebrated experts. All passengers have access to these unique experiences on board and on shore.
1. Higher percentage of balconies than any other cruise lines, including the world’s only all-suites, all balcony cruise ships.
2. Award-winning suites with the largest lead-in accommodations in the industry.
3. Highest space-to-guest ratios in the industry.
4. Highest crew-to-guest ratios in the industry = Great Service.
5. Small and mid-sized ships (490 to 700 guests).
6. Gratuities included in fare.
7. Select wines and spirits included in fare (some premium brands of wine and alcohol may incur a fee).
8. 2-for-1 fares on all voyages.
9. FREE Roundtrip Air on all voyages from select gateways.
10. FREE Unlimited Shore Excursions on all voyages.
11. Impeccable and personal service in butler suites.
1. Smaller ships are more susceptible to motion – they do have state of the art stabilizers to assist with this.
2. High price (even with great value) can create higher expectations than anyone can provide.