Spitsbergen Highlights on Ocean Adventurer
Short on time, but have an appetite for an epic adventure? This Arctic voyage crosses the 80th parallel along the northwest coast of Spitsbergen in a week. Take a Zodiac excursion to Ny London, cruise towards the base of the Monaco Glacier, learn about whaling history in Smeerenburg and see snow-capped mountains in Magdalenafjord. You’ll get your fill of all the Arctic classics – mountains and glaciers, cliffs and fjords, plus don’t forget to keep an eye ...
- Adventure and Active
Ocean Adventurer has long been a fleet favorite among guests and crew who've appreciated the charm and intimacy of this 128-passenger vessel, its ample outdoor deck space, numerous cozy spots to socialize onboard - and the outdoor jacuzzi. A few years ago, Ocean Adventurer underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation involving a talented team of marine architects, engineers, interior designers and polar expedition specialists. Quark Expeditions is proud of the enhancements to the much-loved polar vessel - which subsequently won the Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Overall Small Cruise Ship (500 passengers or under).
The refurbishments now enjoyed by guests:
- A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship
- The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites
- All existing cabins furnished with new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms
- Remodelling of common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room
- Major technical enhancements, such as two new Rolls Royce engines, which increase fuel efficiency and minimize carbon footprint.
Our leaders are born and raised in-country, and ...